I’ve accepted it, I’m a geek. It took me a while to come to this conclusion, but let’s take a look at the facts, shall we?
- I love dollhouses and all things miniature.
- I made my own dollhouse furniture out of stuff I found around the house, like a lamp out of a Sorry game piece and a toothpaste cap.
- I was in the band. I played the clarinet in concert band and danced with the drill team in marching band.
- I was editor-in-chief of my high school yearbook.
- I spent a large portion of my high school years in the photography black room. Developing film and pictures.
- I love crafting. Beading, painting, gluing, sewing – I have floor to ceiling wall dedicated to crafting.
- I’m a big DIYer. Why pay when you can do it yourself for less and better quality?
- I think birthday parties need themes, but not the kind you can buy in the store. I like to make up my own and them stress myself out over pulling it all together.
- I listen to NPR, which is a recent shift from country.
- I have owned/still own an iPod shuffle, iPod touch, Android, iPad, laptop and desktop computer. I don’t think this is excessive. Actually, I think I’m behind the curve.
- I love books. I love real books, audio books, ebooks… basically books are awesome.
- I love social media. I love seeing the evolution of how people communicate. I oversee more than 10 social media accounts.
I work at Shady Side Academy in Pittsburgh, PA as the Manager of Web Communications where I manage their website and social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube). I also freelance through my business Little Birdie Communications. I’m a proud Pittsburgher, where I was born and raised, and where I live and am raising my family. I’ve been married for 11 years and we have two children, a school age boy Buddy and a preschool age girl Sassafras (not their real names, obviously).
Thanks for stopping to check me out.