Ugh, today was another morning of rushing around. I would like to say that if I had more time it would be better, but that’s not true. Because we had a two hour delay today and I was STILL rushing around!
I have done many things that really help me in the morning.
- I put everyone’s clothes out the night before (well, me and the kids, the hubby is a grown up)
- I make lunches the night before
- I have bags for everyone packed and ready by the door the night before
- We have set routines and checkoff lists for the kids in the morning
- I set to leave 10-15 minutes before we absolutely HAVE to, giving us some wiggle room
Yet, today, with an extra two hours, I was still running around. I’m just not a morning person. I don’t get those people who pop out of bed at 6 a.m. ready to face the day. I hit the snooze until it’s later than I think and jump out of bed and run into the shower.
I’ve always been like this. I remember weekends camping in Girl Scouts. I was the first in bed and the last out of bed. My husband doesn’t understand it. He can go to bed at midnight and get up at 6 without a problem. Me, I’m exhausted. He mentioned it to my doctor and she reassured him that most people need 7-8 hours minimum of sleep at night. I usually get 8 and I’m still tired. I’m more if a 9 hour kind of girl, but I just don’t have the time.
How do yo manage your mornings? I’d love to hear more ideas.